The UNDP (United Nations Development Programm) was founded in 1966. Since that time, the organization is working hard to eradicate poverty and develop policies in different countries, thus contributing to the well-being of the entire planet. There are more than 170 countries involved in the programs of this organization. With the headquarter located in New York City, UNDP is aimed at providing countries with support at all levels of its functioning. So, if you have always dreamt about changing the world, you may be interested in UNDP vacancies, as this is just what the doctor ordered for brave people with big hearts.
UNDP vacancies. Types of opportunities
It is worth mentioning that UNDP vacancies have lots to offer to people of all ages and interests. So, be sure that if you really want to help people, you will find something suitable. So, let’s have a look at what you will be offered. There are many opportunities in the following categories:
- Internship programs. If you are interested in this one, you have to meet at least one of the requirements enlisted on the official website (you should be either a member of a graduate school program or have graduated with a university degree). Being approved for the internship, you will receive a monthly stipend.
- United Nations Volunteers. Working as a volunteer, you will have a chance not only to help people but also to get a priceless experience. Some vacancies require skills and working experience, some do not, so mind it.
- Consultants. If you have selected this category, you should know that people that work as consultants have lots of responsibilities, like preparing documents for various meetings, analyzing different problems, and so on. Besides, you will be responsible for training courses and seminars, so it’ better to be a good communicator as well.
- Staff. It’s essential to have good communication skills if you want to get a position from this category. Speaking about the positions, they are diverse, aimed at providing support on different levels (administrative, clerical, and so on). As a rule, you’ll have to replace a lot, as you are likely to work outside your native country.
- Service Contractors. A service contract is used to hire specialists for several types of services, including IT, security, etc.
UNDP vacancies. How to apply?
So, if you feel like being ready for changing the world, here is the procedure of applying for a position:
- Go to the UNDP official website and go through the registration.
- Search job opportunities.
- Complete your personal information, job requirements, employment history, education, training, and certification.
- Complete references and motivation statement.
- Submit your application.
As you can see, the procedure of applying for a position is not a complicated one, but getting a job in UNDP can be life-changing. So, select the position carefully, focus on what you can do and what you want, and apply for a job that can help you to achieve your potential. Who knows, maybe the job of your dream is waiting for you.